- Positive Role Modeling By Mentors
- Deep Relationships Formed With Peers and Mentors
- Children's Soveriegnty In The Learning Process
- Relevant Skill Building
This Mission is accomplished through:
- Fun And Magical Experiences Outside
- Consistant Positive Exposure To Nature
- A Connection With The Broader Community of Santa Cruz
The Mission of The Santa Cruz Kids In Nature Program is to foster enlivened and embodied children
through year long experiential forest based learning, playing, and exploration of local wildlands.
When these children truly feel like locals to the place in which they live, environmental stewardship grows into a joyful and daily practice.
It is from this love of place, and the sense of belonging, that grounded, effective activism begins to take place.